terça-feira, 8 de junho de 2010

A 3D-guru

.
Kazuhiko Nakamura, The end of flight zone. Digital art.
.
.
«What were your career stages before becoming a 3D-guru?
I wanted to become a painter since I was young, this yearning for the art has never stopped and became stronger while I was growing. I tried myself in different art styles such as the watercolor and the collage until I discovered the 3D. I think that those art experiences made a good base for my present art.
.
What are the major principles of Kazuhiko Nakamura style?
Now a lot of 3D artists pursue photorealism in 3D modeling. Of course this trend is pretty interesting to me too. However, I like that special creativity and subjective expressions that the painter puts into the real object. I put my own vision of the image into the object and I think this is what makes my works so special. I search for my image tenaciously trying to create the best combination of the shapes, textures and lighting. And I am particularly interested in expressing the characteristic of an antique portrait mechanical.
.
What are your major sources of inspiration?
I often draw a lot of doodle in a small sketchbook using the felt pen. Usually I do this in the laid-back mode, don’t think about anything specifically. Complicated shapes and strange characters of my sketchbook become inspiration for my art.»
.
.
.
.

Sem comentários: